Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day 11 Thursday

This morning we are scheduled to leave the spokane reservation and heading to the nespelem tribe. Today I got up and got all of my gear packed and ready for the road. The spokane Indian tribe was a blast. We learned a lot from the people that showed us what the Yakamas have in common with the spokane indians. The Yakamas are friends. Chief Kamiakin had some wives that were from the Spokane tribe. He also fought along side with the spokane indians, as one of the tribes elders had told us. But as our trip with the spokane Indians have came to an end we are to hit the road and head to Nespelem land. The trip is suppose to be 3 and a half hours to Nespelem. Along the way there we stopped by a fossil dig site. There we got to get rocks that had a nice layered color and crack them down the middle. I got a fossil that showed a old remnents of lake bottom dibree. Also it was a very hot day to be digging for nice rocks. After the fossil digging we headed fro the Nespelem reservation. The drive there was cool. I slept the whole way to the reservation. We arrived around 6:00pm, at the community center. Overall I got a lot of sleep under my belt and I am ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment